Simplybuilt.biz is a leading provider of quality remodeling services in the Westchester and Putnam, New York. We offer a variety of services to homeowners. We want to ensure that our clients are completely satisfied with our work by offering our signature quality craftsmanship at an affordable price through the entire process of planning, design, and construction. Or jobs can go from complete kitchen, basement or bathroom remodels, to small home projects such as custom built-in cabinets and installs. We take great pride in offering superior craftsmanship and service to all of our clients.
We are currently seeking experienced, hard-working full-time employees with a passion for the home-remodeling business. Salary is negotiable depending on skill set, but we consistently pay above average. There is also the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses and rewards.
Lead Carpenter ↓
Our carpenters are proud to earn the title “Craftsmen”, driven to deliver outstanding results both in the build and client relations. With ambition to perform hard, meticulous work in all weather conditions while delivering a memorable experience for our clients and our team. The Lead Carpenter will represent our company, it’s goals and reputation. Able to execute all aspects of the project, including client communication and managing our team of carpenters and subs.
- *Must have a friendly and clean demeanor with clients AND coworkers*
- Comprehend and execute tasks in a precise and timely manner.
- Multiple trade knowledge such as flooring, roofing, drywall, basic plumbing and electrical.
- Coordinate multiple projects at various job sites as needed.
- Team direction including subcontractors
- Take measurements, calculate material, order and deliver as needed.
- General ability to read blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Ensure all employees are adhering to design, industry and company standards.
- Communicate properly and professionally with clients and team as necessary.
- Provide exceptional leadership and training to apprentices and helpers.
- Maintain a clean, professional and courteous image and behavior.
- Maintain a clean jobsite and company vehicle.
- Proven experience as carpenter with at least 2 references.
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- Minimum 5 years of site experience – management experience a plus.
- Thorough residential framing to finish experience highly valued.
- Provide own hand tools and reliable transportation.
- Prove to be self-motivated and open to new ideas and technologies.
- Problem solve with little direction.
- Familiarity and understanding of current industry codes and regulations.
- Be team oriented and motivated to achieve company goals.
1. You are the on-site manager on the construction job, and the face of the company on the field. You take pride in delivering company goals of superior product quality, with superior customer satisfaction.
2. You are responsible for knowing and understanding all job paperwork: plans, specifications, and change orders. Any questions you have, or discrepancies you discover, should be checked with your project manager.
3. You are responsible for performing all carpentry labor on the job, requesting help as it is needed. When other carpenters or helpers are on your job, you are responsible for assigning them work, expediting their performance, and generally supervising them.
4. You will coordinate all subcontractors and oversee their work on the jobsite, including layout, timely performance, and inspections. You also ensure that they cleanup their own jobs afetr completion.
5. You are responsible for ordering materials promptly and accurately, with at least 24 hours notice. Then checking material deliveries for accuracy in quantity and measurement, and for any damage.
6. Protect the home owner’s property. Do not allow others to use any of the home owners’ equipment, tools, or cleaning supplies. Properly lock up home owner’s property at the end of each day.
7. Set up and monitor a “safe place” on the job where items to be re-used or returned are protected.
8. A clean and dust free jobsite is one of your most important jobs for interior projects. Seeking to keep all dust and dirt as isolated from the home owners as possible. Broom-clean the job site daily, and see that trash is hauled away at least weekly.
9. No abusive or foul language is to be tolerated. Radios should be played quietly. Absolutely no alcohol or drugs may be used on or anywhere near the job site, even outside working hours. Such use of alcohol or drugs will result in instant dismissal.
10. The home owners’ telephone should be used only for business or emergency personal calls.
11. Be responsible for installing a job sign in the most prominent place, and keep it in good condition.
12. Be sure the job stays on schedule or ahead of schedule by monitoring progress on the flow chart. Notify the project manager if you will have any problem keeping to this schedule.
13. Job safety for both the owner and our workers is your responsibility. Be sure that the job conditions encourage safety. Monitor both company and individual equipment for proper safety features and safe electrical cords, and inform the production manager of any unsafe conditions.
14. You will be responsible for conducting the quality control pre-completion punch list. Where possible, you will conduct informal inspections leading up to the formal quality control punch list with the goal of having a “zero defect” final punch list.
15. You are a key part of our team and as such area encouraged to offer ongoing support and suggestions on ways to improve the field operation of the company.
Contact Simply Built
SimplyBuilt is an exciting, growing company. Qualified candidates should submit their resume via email to Hello@simplybuilt.biz
[form id=”3538″ /]